Your Privacy Is Important
We are committed to protecting the privacy of those who receive services from us, our employees, volunteers, donors and other stakeholders. We are confident our policies meet or exceed the privacy standards established by the laws in Ontario.
What type of personal information is collected? How is it used or shared?
- We collect and use personal information as reasonably necessary to provide quality services, conduct regular business practices, and comply with legal requirements. The use of personal information is limited to the purpose for which the information was obtained.
- Personal information is usually collected directly from the person to whom it pertains (or the person who is legally entitled to make decisions for that person, such as a parent).
- We do not share personal information with anyone outside of Children First without first obtaining consent from the individual to whom the information pertains (or the person who can make decisions for that person) except as required by law.
Limits of confidentiality occur only as required or permitted by law and ethical standards:
- We are required to disclose personal information:
- In situations of suspected child abuse or neglect;
- In situations of imminent harm (where there is clear and imminent risk of serious bodily harm to someone or possibility of harm);
- Mandatory reporting by a regulated health professional of another regulated health professional who has sexually assaulted a client;
- In the context of legal proceedings to comply with a summons or court order;
- To comply with the requirements of our accreditors and professional regulatory bodies;
- To researchers, where legislative and specific policies have been met.
If you or your child would like to request access to you or your child’s personal health information, request that corrections be made, and/or request a copy of the record please contact our Privacy Officer.
For questions or concerns about your rights and privacy:
Please speak with any staff member with whom you are involved or contact our Privacy Officer.
105-2565 Ouellette Ave.
Windsor, ON N8X 1L9
Privacy and Confidentiality Policy
For further information on privacy and your rights contact:
Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario
2 Bloor Street East, Suite 1400,