Rights and Responsibilities of Families
While you and your family are receiving services from Children First, you have the right:
- to be a full partner in all aspects of your child and family’s involvement;
- to know the name and role of those involved with your family team;
- to be informed of the possible risks and benefits of all treatment options and whenever the intervention/treatment changes;
- to be treated with dignity and respect, without discrimination;
- to have your personal information treated in confidence and used in a way that respects your wishes;
- to a welcoming, accessible, safe and secure service environment;
- to receive services in a format suitable to your own learning and communication style or needs;
- to bring forward a concern or complaint and have access to a complaint resolution process;
- to withdraw consent at any time; and
- discontinue your voluntary involvement with Children First.
Your Responsibilities include:
- actively participating in all aspects of your child and family’s involvement with us;
- providing accurate and timely information about your child and family;
- asking questions to ensure you understand;
- treating others with dignity and respect, without discrimination; and
- notifying Children First if you no longer wish to participate in services.
*Please refer to the Parent Handbook for more information.